At North Austin Animal Hospital, we know the importance of finding the perfect boarding facility for your pet. Our trained kennel technicians will welcome your special friend into our boarding facility, providing a comfortable and relaxing home away from home.
North Austin Animal Hospital offers day care and boarding in a reliable, full-service kennel for:
- Guinea Pigs
- Geckos and small lizards
- + more
We welcome your puppy or dog into our boarding area for a one-day or multiple day stay. Our dog area is divided into four wards to ensure your dog is kept in a small and friendly environment.
- Your dog will enjoy:
- Fresh bedding and daily housekeeping
- Clean & comfortable atmosphere
- Immaculately clean cages and runs
- Spacious kennels
During your dog’s stay, your dog will have access to our fenced yard where they - can run off leash. Outside exercise is available typically three times a day, but can vary based on your dog’s needs. We do our best to accommodate requests and pay careful attention to the needs of each dog – puppies with lots of energy may need extra outdoor time to run and play, as well as older dogs may require more visits outdoors. We give each dog individualized attention with one of our kennel techs whenever possible*.
For our feline friends, we offer a cat only room complete with cat condos and cages. Our cat condos allow us the ability to expand your cat’s living space whenever possible*, including a room for food, litter and sleeping.
During your cat’s stay, we offer one on one play time based on your cats needs and preferences. In-house cat toys, cat nip along with interactive toys are available.
We extend our boarding facilities to several exotic pets, too. Exotic pets should be dropped off with their cage to ensure they are comfortable and in appropriately sized living spaces. If you need a cage, please inquiry about options before booking your stay.
For pets with medical issues, we offer the security of knowing that not only will our kennel technicians pay careful attention to your loved one, but your pet will also be looked after during daily rounds by our qualified vet technicians. Our vet techs communicate with our veterinarians, alerting the vet to any issues or concerns. We care for diabetic pets as well as post-surgery pets to ensure proper care is given during their recovery. Our techs will provide your pet with his/her daily medication.
*Based on availability and occupancy rate.
- Dogs must be current on the following vaccines: Distemper, Rabies, Bordetella, and Canine Influenza (both strains)
- Cats must be current on the following vaccines: Distemper (FVRCP) and Rabies Vaccine
- All pets must be free from internal and external parasites, and on flea and tick preventative
- Although vaccines can be administered during your pet's stay, for best protection, we recommend your pet is up to date on vaccines 3 week prior to their stay
Preparing for Your Pet’s Stay
Prior to arrival, please:
- Email or fax your pet's vaccine history. Fax number: 512-453-4911.
- Download and complete our Pet Boarding Admission Form.
We look forward to your pet's vacation!
When checking your pet in, please allow 10 minutes for a Pet Care Attendant to review your completed paperwork to ensure we have everything needed for a safe and comfortable stay.
Call us today for more information or to schedule a wellness exam at (512) 459-7676.