The veterinary resources featured on this page provide useful information to pet owners on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
Animal Breed Associations
Exotic Pet Care Information
- Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians
- Environmental Enrichment for Small Mammals (Clinicians's Brief)
- The Bearded Dragon: Are you considering getting a Bearded Dragon as a pet? Discover everything you ever wanted to know about Bearded Dragons and their care at this informative website.
- The Bearded Dragon Guide: This guide contains everything you need to know to be able to properly care for any bearded dragon. (Source: TheBeardedDragon.org)
- ReptileChannel.com: This website provides information on reptile care.
Humane Societies and Shelters
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Animal Trustees of Austin
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
- The Humane Society of the United States
- North Shore Animal League America
- Town Lake Animal Shelter
Pet Loss Support
Clients can call these pet loss hotlines or join the pet loss support groups listed below to help them cope with the loss of a beloved pet.
- ASPCA Pet Loss
- Pet Grief Counseling Hotlines (support by phone)
- The Pet Loss Center (Austin branch)
- Tufts University Pet Loss Support Hotline
- University of Florida Pet Loss Support
Recommended Advice for Pet Owners
- Cleaning Basics for Pets and Humans in the Home
- New Kitten Information Packet
- New Puppy Information Packet
Orthopedic Post Operative Care
Video Tutorial: Passive Range of Motion Exercises
This video provides instruction on the passive range of motion exercises that are often recommended for pets recovering from orthopedic stifle (knee) surgery. Please follow the video directions closely. These exercises are recommended at least daily and more often if schedule permits.